Hemp is an amazingly versatile fiber and just one of the many uses for it is yarn. It makes for a great hat because it keeps your head warm and it’s super strong and durable (perfect for my husband who works outdoors and needs a hat that is rugged). And you can throw it in the washer and dryer–the more you wash it, the more soft and worn in it will become. It’s knit in the round starting at the bottom.
This is a free pattern, available in PDF format: download now
- Size: Medium / Large
- Circumference: 18 (20)” / 46 (51) cm
- 5 sts = 1” / 2.5 cm in St st
- 165 yds of main color, 100 yds of each con¬trasting color in DK yarn, shown in allhemp6 by Hemp for Knitting (100% hemp; 100 g = 165 yards), 1 skein of each of 3 colors.
Needles and other supplies:
- 16” / 41 cm circular knitting needles and DPNs in size US 3 / 3.25 mm or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle or crochet hook to weave in ends