Oversized Cowl is knit in the round in one piece. It features a row of eyelets that serve two purposes: to give visual interest as well as provide a place to weave in a crocheted tie so the cowl can be cinched in at the neck if desired. Knit up using super bulky yarn, it’s a quick knit—perfect for instant gratification!
This is a free pattern, available in PDF format: download now
- 2.5 sts = 1” / 2.5 cm in St st
- 132 yds super bulky yarn, shown in Blizzard by Reynolds (65% alpaca, 35% acrylic; 100 gm = 66 yards), 2 skeins in Buff.
Needles and other supplies:
- 24” / 61 cm circular knitting needles in size US 13 / 9 mm or size needed to obtain gauge
- (optional: used to create loose bind off): 24” / 61 cm cir¬cular knitting needle in size US 15 / 10 mm or needle size larger than used to obtain gauge.
- Size N crochet hook (if you want to create crocheted tie)
- 1 stitch marker
Click on one of the photos below to view the gallery: