Abbi Light is a lighter version of my original pattern Abbi Shawl Collar Cardigan (which used super bulky wool). It uses DK/sport-weight yarn and makes a perfect light layer for the warmer months of the year. Two versions are photographed—1 with an after-thought button loop and one without. Once you complete your Abbi Light you can decide which version works best for you.
It has top-down raglan construction and is worked in one piece. Sleeves are split at the underarms and the body is worked in one piece to the hem. Stitches are picked up and worked in 2×2 rib to create the front bands and short rows are used to create the shawl collar. Sleeve sts are then transferred back to needles and bound off to create cap sleeve, although pattern can easily be tweaked to create longer sleeves.
Pattern Cost: $5.50
Sizing: Finished size: 33 (34.5, 36.5, 38.5, 41, 43,45)” / 84 (88, 93, 98, 105, 109, 114) cm with front bands overlapping
[Choose a size that is closest to your actual bust measurement]
Gauge: 23 sts & 32 rws = 4” / 10 cm in Stockinette stitch
Yarn: Approx. 817 (851, 903, 955, 1006, 1058, 1110) yds DK/sport-weight yarn, shown in Chickadee by Quince & Co (100% American Wool; 50g = 181 yds, color = Carrie’s Yellow), 5 (5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7) skeins.
Please note: if you plan on adjusting the length of the garment I’d recommend purchasing an additional skein.
Needles & Other Supplies:
• 32” / 81 cm circular knitting needles in size US 6 / 4 mm or size needed to obtain gauge
• 32” / 81 cm circular knitting needles in size US 5 / 3.75 mm or 1 needle size smaller than size needed to obtain gauge
• 8 stitch markers
• 2 pieces of scrap yarn to hold sleeve stitches, approx. 20” / 51 cm in length
• Tapestry needle or crochet hook to weave in ends
• Optional: 1 button, ¾” – 1” in diameter