Gulf of Maine
Gulf of Maine cowl is a worsted-weight, infinity style cowl knit in the round and featuring 3 colors in a varied striping pattern. The colors in Berroco’s Artisan are beautiful, and the three shades I picked for this pattern reminded me of the Maine gulf, natural and striking all at the same time.
This is a perfect mindless knitting pattern for those nights when you want something yummy to knit with but will take minimal brain power!
Pattern Cost: $3.00
Gauge: Approx 4.5 sts & 9.5 rws = 1”/2.5 cm in Garter Stitch (in the rnd)
Worsted-weight yarn, shown in Artisan by Berroco (80% Merino/20% Silk; 50g = 123 yds), divided as follows:
• Color A (shown in Gulf of Maine): approx. 120 yds, 1 skein
• Color B (shown in Deep Pacific): approx. 223 yds, 2 skeins
• Color C (shown in Ocean Floor): approx. 120 yds, 1 skein
Needles and other supplies:
• 32”/81 cm circular needle in size US 8/5 mm or size needed to obtain gauge
• 1 stitch marker
• Tapestry needle or crochet hook to weave in ends