Jessie’s Girl Cardi
Jessie’s Girl Cardi is the cardigan version of my pullover pattern Jessie’s Girl and just like the original, it is knit seamlessly from the bottom-up and features a very loose stitch pattern in sport-weight yarn to create a drapey silhouette perfect for spring & summer.
This is an easy knit, perfect for beginners but more advanced knitters will also enjoy it’s relaxing nature.
Pattern Cost: $6.00
• Yarn used is a sport-weight, linen blend, knit up on a much larger needle than you typically would for this type of yarn to create a loose stitch. I recommend using a similar linen blend or cotton blend yarn.
• It is meant to be oversized and is intended to be worn with lots of positive ease. Below are my recommendations for which size to make based on your actual bust measurement:
Sizes 33-36” / 84-91 cm: Small
Sizes 37-40” / 94-102 cm: Medium
Sizes 41-44” / 104-112 cm: Large
Sizes 45-49” / 114-124 cm: X-large
Sizes: S (M, L, XL)
Shown in size S
Finished Back Width: 21 (22.75, 24.5, 26.75)”/53 (58, 62, 68) cm
Gauge: 18 sts & 22 rws = 4”/10 cm in garter st after blocking
Yarn: Approx. 624 (736, 850, 1000) yds of sport- weight yarn, shown in Batiste by Knit One Crochet Too (50% Merino, 30% linen, 20% Silk; 50g = 208 yds), 3 (4, 4, 5) skeins. Shown in colorway Fog.
Needles and other supplies:
• 32”/81 cm circular knitting needle in size US 8/5 mm or size needed to obtain gauge
• Extra 24”/64 cm or 32”/81 cm circular knitting needle in size US 8/5 mm (or size needed to obtain gauge)
• Stitch markers
• Removable stitch marker (to keep track of right and wrong sides)
• 3 stitch holders (or you can use pieces of scrap yarn)
• Tapestry needle to weave in ends