Midcoast Mitts is a simple fingerless mitt pattern, perfect for the beginner knitter. Two sizes are provided as well as two different style options: short & long versions and solid & striped versions. Yardage requirements for each style is listed below.
Because this pattern is catered to the beginner knitter, I have also created a photo tutorial on my blog that shows how you cast-on and join for working in the round for DPN projects. Link also provided in PDF.
Pattern Cost: $4.00
Sizes: Adult Small (Adult Large)
Gauge: 20 sts & 28 rws = 4”/10 cm in Stockinette St
Yarn: Worsted-weight yarn, shown in Petite Clara by Dirty Water Dyeworks (100% Blue Faced Leicester; 113g = 250 yds). Yardage requirements broken out below:
• Solid Short Version: approx. 90 (123) yds
• Solid Long Version: approx. 132 (174) yds
• Striped Short Version: approx. 60 (82) yds for MC, approx. 30 (41) yds for CC
• Striped Long Version: approx. 88 (116) yds for MC, approx. 44 (58) yds for CC
Needles and other supplies:
• US 7/4.5 mm DPNs or sized needed to obtain gauge
• US 6/4 mm DPNs or 1 needle smaller than that used to obtain gauge
• 3 stitch markers
• Tapestry needle to weave in ends